Point cloud animation of the watermill in Harzé, Belgium, built in 1631. Constructed with natural stone, the internal mechanics of the watermill unfortunately no longer exist.
All the farmers who used to live close to this watermill, were obligated to bring their grain to this mill to get it grounded. These wind- and watermills were often property of the local Lord or abbey, who would have acquired wind and water rights for the mill. The mill was rebuilt in 1704, after which in 1896 a new building was erected and the four wheels were replaced by a single large internal wheel.
After the First World War the mill was, for a brief period of time, even used to generate electricity for the neighboring village. The wheel that can currently be seen on the exterior of the watermill was placed in 1966.